NATIONAL HOME SECURITY LEADER
DYNAMICS 365 IN THE CLOUD STREAMLINES CUSTOMER SERVICE
The ChallengeOver time, a Home Security company had developed multiple custom applications to support a wide variety of business units in its call center environment. These varied systems were causing numerous issues including:
- Lengthier time to market for enhancements and functionality
- Lack of transparency across business units
- Hefty overhead costs for environment maintenance
- Lack of innovation due to responding to bug fixes
- A misaligned data model
Our InsightAfter understanding the client’s call center processes, a gap evaluation was conducted to compare compatibility with Microsoft Dynamics 365. Our team developed a Proof of Concept (POC) baseline functionality to prove compatibility with business processes in a Dynamics 365 Cloud-based environment.
Next, an implementation roadmap was defined in collaboration with the executive leadership team to determine how to define, build, and roll-out Dynamics 365 to end users. A phased roll-out strategy was selected which required bi-directional data integration between Dynamics 365 and legacy applications. Data integration was critical to allow the business to move forward seamlessly with no interruptions.
CUSTOMIZING DYNAMICS 365
Complex business rules and processes demanded a highly customized Dynamics 365 implementation including multiple integrations with third parties, plugins, workflows, business rules, and configuration. Where applicable, out-of-the-box functionality was utilized or extended to support the requirements.
ROBUST SET OF FEATURES + TRAINING TO ENSURE ADOPTION
Within this customized rollout of Dynamics 365, our team built the following functionalities:
- Bi-Directional Data Integration with BizTalk
- Integration with third parties including:
- Address Validation
- Calculation of state, city, county and municipality taxes
- Resource capacity and scheduling/booking of assets to perform jobs
- Phone integration with Interactive Intelligence phone system
- Automated lookup of customer information into ERP
- Customized lead-to-sale process including:
- Modified qualification event
- Automated form updates per stage of business process flow
- Scenario-driven business and data rules
- Automated execution of business rules on customer inbound call to determine if sales agent can proceed
- Creation of case management and resolution process
- Automated tracking of phone call activities
- Advanced Do Not Call, Do Not Mail and Do Not Email functionality per phone number
- Sales agent call scripting solution to walk agent through phone call
- Complex security model including business unit hierarchy, roles, teams, and permissions
Once functionality was built and delivered, user training was conducted to ensure adoption.
DMI & MICROSOFT PARTNERSHIP
TRANSFORM YOUR PRODUCT & SERVICES
Embed technology directly into products and services to transform your business & create a competitive advantage
METRICS REVEAL INSIGHTS
Employees can now take advantage of built-in tools such as data dashboards that would have taken valuable IT time to deliver. Additional client interaction and case resolution metrics are now available which previously were difficult to quantify. These metrics track analyze average customer resolution phone call time and diagnose bottlenecks in the process.
Dynamics 365 has delivered greater visibility for employees, enhanced business processes, and enabled the IT department to deliver business critical features and functionality at an improved pace. The business has received long-awaited process enhancements including a standardized data set, transparency, and easier intra/inter departmental communication. The organization can take advantage of new features from Dynamics 365 as they roll out automatically, which provides time to focus on developing customized solutions.