DMI Releases List of Top 10 Mobile In-Store Retailers for 2015
Proprietary Mobile In-Store Maturity Model Used to Assess Consumer Mobile In-Store Shopping Tools at 100 U.S. Retailers
BETHESDA, Md. — Jan. 14, 2016 — DMI’s first annual Mobile In-Store Experience Rankings, released today, assess the quality of the mobile experience retailers are providing to in-store shoppers. The rankings cover 100 top retailers in the United States. DMI used its proprietary mobile in-store maturity model to assess the experiences that retailers offer via mobile devices to shoppers who are in brick and mortar stores. Today’s announcement builds on DMI’s previous research that revealed high-quality, mobile, in-store experiences are not only desired by shoppers but in some cases, positively affect shopper preference, visitation and purchase intent.
Top 10 List:
- The top 10 mobile in-store experiences: Based upon DMI’s Mobile In-Store Assessments of brands reviewed, these brands deliver the best mobile in-store experience for shoppers today :
2. The Home Depot
7. Saks Fifth Avenue
10. American Eagle Outfitters
- Diversity of store type and business model: The top 10 ranked mobile in-store experiences include pharmacy, beauty, department, big box apparel, premium and discount brands. This is proof that high-quality, mobile, in-store consumer experiences are applicable for a wide range of store size, business model and consumer.
- Room for improvement: After conducting 100 assessments, it became abundantly clear that there is significant room for growth across the industry. The highest score possible was 240, yet the number one retailer scored a 111. The average score was 44, a clear indicator that even top retailers have work to do in crafting and delivering effective mobile in-store shopping experiences for their customers.
- Store mode: Across the 100 assessments completed, many of the best experiences introduced specific shopping tools for use in-store only. The growth of these “store mode” tools is a trend to watch in the space.
Jeremy Gilman, VP of strategy for DMI’s brand marketing and customer experience group, said:
“Throughout 2015, we saw a dramatic shift in the industry begin to occur. Retailers are beginning to understand and unlock the massive potential behind enhancing in-store experiences through existing mobile applications. We’re excited to see what the New Year holds and look forward to re-assessing these retailers at the close of 2016 to note their progress.”
To download the Top 10 List, visit https://dminc.com/thought-leadership/retail/content/top-10-retailers-2015/ or pick up a copy at Booth #2346 at the National Retail Federation Retail’s BIG Show from Jan.17–20. Assessment criteria are included in the report.
DMI, the world’s first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, big data management and analytics, and secure mobile device, app and data management. The company’s unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.