Digital Management Wins Contract with Defense Security Service (DSS) to Improve Facility and Personnel Security throughout Defense Industry
Independent Test Support will Ensure the Quality of a Broad Range of Applications Used by DSS to Manage Facility and Personnel Security of the U.S. Industrial Base
Bethesda, MD—November 19, 2010—Digital Management, Inc., a leading IT solutions and business strategy consulting firm, announced today it has won a contract with the Defense Security Service (DSS) to provide Independent Test Support (ITS) to the agency’s multiple software applications and networks that manage facility and personnel security of the U.S. industrial base.
As the premier provider of personnel and industrial security services in the Department of Defense, DSS improves the security of the nation and its warfighters by securing the nation’s technological base and overseeing the protection of U.S. and foreign classified information in the hands of industry.
The DSS Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) has contracted Digital Management to perform Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), as well as other assurance testing, to ensure the validity of several primary DSS software applications and networks, including:
- Defense Central Index of Investigations (DCII): an automated central index that identifies investigations conducted by DOD investigative agencies.
- Educational Network Registration and Online Learning (ENROL): DSS Academy’s web-based learning management and online learning delivery system.
- Improved Investigative Records Repository (iIRR): an IT system that provides its user community access to and retrieval of legacy investigative records in a fashion that optimizes operational and cost efficiency.
- Industrial Security Facilities Database (ISFD): a DSS centralized web-based management information system for the Industrial Security Program.
- Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS): the DOD system provides real-time information regarding clearance, access and investigative status to authorized DOD security personnel and other interfacing organizations.
- Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET): a system of interconnected computer networks used by DOD and U.S. Department of State to transmit classified information by packet switching over the TCP/IP protocols in a ‘completely secure’ environment.
Digital Management will monitor and evaluate every aspect of DSS processes to ensure that any changes to these primary, as well as additional secondary, DSS applications and networks follow proper protocol. The company will also perform Software Assurance Testing and Independent Functional Testing to verify overall functional integrity of systems and applications.
“The capability, reliability, and quality of DSS’s software systems impact every company in our industry,” said Jay Sunny Bajaj, Digital Management’s CEO. “To have been chosen to support DSS in assuring high standards for national security is tremendously gratifying, and is an affirmation of our reputation as a trusted partner, supporting our clients’ most vital assets.”
About Digital Management:
Digital Management is a leading IT solutions and business strategy consulting firm focused on providing solutions that transform enterprise operations in government and business by dependably bridging the gap between business strategy and mission success. Leveraging technology as an efficient, economical means to an end, Digital Management crafts solutions that result in increasingly interoperable, responsive, and cost-effective enterprises. Digital Management’s Cybersecurity Division delivers strategic solutions that dramatically heighten situational awareness, while leveraging the latest technologies and techniques to raise overall cybersecurity posture. As an active member of the Trusted Computing Group (TCG), Digital Management is at the heart of an industry transformation in cybersecurity solutions based on cutting edge Trusted Computing technologies. Digital Management is an SBA-certified small business, headquartered in Bethesda MD, with satellite and project offices throughout the country.
Andrew J. Musliner