DMI Recognized in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Mobility Services for Second Year in a Row
Evaluation Based on Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute
BETHESDA, Md., July 29, 2014 — Digital Management, Inc. (DMI), a leading provider of mobile enterprise solutions and services, today announced it has been included in Gartner’s Managed Mobility Services (MMS) Magic Quadrant (MQ) Report on top MMS providers for a second year in a row. DMI is positioned for its “completeness of vision” and “ability to execute.” The report can be accessed at
- Gartner definition of the Managed Mobility Services Market: Managed mobility services (MMS) encompass the IT and process services provided by an external service provider (ESP) that are required to plan, procure, provision, activate, manage and support mobile devices, network services, management systems, mobile applications and application stores. For this MQ, devices include smartphones, tablets and field service equipment with a focus on corporate-liable devices as well as individual-liable, or bring your own device (BYOD), users.
- Managed Mobility Services Report: Gartner’s coverage of MMS focuses on ESPs’ assumption of day-to-day IT management and support routines for mobility devices. MMS also provide business process administration (such as expense management, asset management and logistics, including recycling, return materials authorization management, ordering and provisioning the help desk).
DMI offers a comprehensive set of enterprise-class mobile solutions and services that generate business results for its customers, including:
- Mobile Strategy: Strategic planning, business case justification and mobile vision and roadmap based on user-centric decision support tools.
- Mobile Security: Full range of security options that include federal-grade hardware-based security, two-factor authentication, secure container and sophisticated encryption solutions.
- Managed Mobility Services: More than 750,000 devices under management for hundreds of clients, including many Fortune 500 companies. .
- UX and App Solutions Development: Built more than 1,500 mobile apps and sites for hundreds of leading organizations, supporting native, hybrid and HTML5, across every mobile platform.
- Big Data Insights and Measurement: Delivers actionable insights and predictive analytics delivered via mobile devices, HTML5 visualizations and BI Dashboards..
- Mobile Brand and Marketing: Full-service menu of creative services to provide customers with the tools they need to build revolutionary brands and connect with customers in mobile-driven markets..
- Omnichannel Commerce Secure mobile and eCommerce solutions, mobilize the on-line and off-line shopping experiences for more than 50 leading consumer and business brands..
Eric Goodness, vice president, Gartner Research, said:
“Gartner sees MMS as an important response to offloading the tactical management and support issues that many businesses are unable, or unwilling, to address for the rapidly expanding portfolio of smartphones, tablets and point-of-service devices. We are happy to see increasing maturity in this market as over the past year, vendors have improved both execution and vision to support corporate mobility for many small to large multinational companies.”
Jay Sunny Bajaj, DMI founder and CEO, said:
“The explosion of mobile devices in the corporate environment intensifies the need for managed mobility services. Outsourced managed services enable enterprises to tap into specialized industry and technical knowledge, take advantage of economies of scale, reduce costs, and focus more tightly on core functions. We are proud to lead this industry, and are excited to again be included in Gartner’s Managed Mobility Services Magic Quadrant.”
Gartner Managed Mobility Services Magic Quadrant by Eric Goodness, Gianluca Tramacere, Katja Ruud, July 24, 2014.
Hype Cycle for IT Infrastructure and Outsourcing Services, 2014 by Christine Tenneson, July 21, 2014. Managed Mobility Services analysis by Eric Goodness.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
DMI is a leading provider of mobile enterprise solutions and services, including mobile strategy, mobile UX and app solutions, omni-channel commerce, mobile brand and marketing, big data management and analytics, and secure mobile device, app and data management. The company’s commitment to excellence in service delivery has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices all around the world. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.