DMI Signs Strategic Agreement with BYTEGRID® For FISMA and GSA ISC Compliant Data Center Space
DMI Expansion Driven by Demand for Solutions Addressing Mobility, Cyber Threats and the Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative (FDCCI)
BETHESDA, Md., Nov. 19, 2012 —BYTEGRID®, an emerging company focused on the nationwide acquisition, development and operation of premier wholesale data center facilities, and Digital Management, Inc. (DMI), a leading IT solutions and business strategy consulting firm, today announced a strategic agreement under which DMI will leverage BYTEGRID’s secure data center to provide integrated Enterprise Performance Operations Center (EPOC) services and data center consolidation services to both Federal and commercial clients.
BYTEGRID provides highly secure, compliant data center space and serves some of the world’s largest companies, including a Fortune 15 financial services firm that relies on BYTEGRID to provide the data center and IT infrastructure underpinning its global business encompassing trillions of dollars in daily transactions with more than 100,000 hours of zero downtime.
DMI specializes in managing operations worldwide for federal civilian and defense agencies, to exacting service agreements. It offers break-through solutions for Enterprise Mobility and Cybersecurity and industry-leading services in Strategic IT Consulting, Managed IT Services, Enterprise Application Development, and Health IT. By hosting its customers’ IT solutions from within BYTEGRID, DMI will deliver comprehensive solutions and services while remaining secure and compliant within BYTEGRID’s data center.
Under a strategic multi-year data center services expansion agreement, and in response to increasing demand for solutions addressing enterprise mobility and cyber threats, DMI will lease both data center and technical office space within BYTEGRID’s state-of-the-art 214,000 sq. ft. facility in Silver Spring, Maryland. DMI’s expansion includes:
- Creation and operation of an integrated Enterprise Performance Operations Center (EPOC) to service both Federal and commercial clients. DMI’s EPOC provides the customer with complete performance visibility of their mobile operations, security operations, network operations, enterprise data, and IT Service Management. The EPOC comprises:
- An advanced Mobile Operations Center (MOC) supporting flexible, scalable, enterprise mobility management as a service, including mobile infrastructure management, mobile device management (MDM), mobile app management (MAM), and enterprise app store
- An ultra-secure Security Operations Center (SOC) delivering secure cloud-based managed cyber security solutions for 24×7 continuous monitoring, proactive network defense and security operations management
- A high-reliability Network Operations Center (NOC), for advanced Network management, monitoring, incident response, communications and reporting
- A secure platform for enterprise data storage to include backup and COOP/DR.
- A Service Desk that orchestrates IT service delivery to drive efficiency, reduce costs, manage risk, improve control, and increase productivity. It combines ITIL®-verified, process-driven incident, problem, release, change, and configuration management
- DMI will also leverage the BYTEGRID data center as a platform from which to provide IT integration and consolidation services to Federal agencies being impacted by the Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative (FDCCI) – the largest enterprise data center migration in history.
To protect its large enterprise and Federal Government customers’ mission critical workloads, DMI selected BYTEGRID for its physical security and compliance with NIST FISMA, GSA ISC Level IV standards and network grid connectivity criteria. BYTEGRID is also operated under the Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) 16 Type 2 audited controls.
“Cyber threats, mobile device management, and the Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative are converging to create enormous complexity and growing headaches particularly for technology and security leaders,” said Jay Sunny Bajaj, DMI’s President and CEO. “DMI is building solutions specifically addressing these problems while BYTEGRIDis providing the ultra-secure and compliant data center required to meet even the most stringent Federal security and compliance requirements.”
“DMI’s comprehensive solutions portfolio takes the industry’s biggest security, operations management, and integration challenges head on,” said Don Goodwin, BYTEGRID’s Executive Vice President. “We look forward to supporting DMI’s expansion from within our ultra-secure and compliant platform appealing to Federal and commercial organizations across the mid-Atlantic region.”
BYTEGRID recently announced the completion of its major expansion and infrastructure upgrade at its ultra-secure, financial grade data center in Silver Spring, Maryland. Now featuring more than 90,000 sq. ft. of raised floor and 25,000 sq. ft. technical office space, BYTEGRID has the largest multi-tenant data center facility in Maryland. It features new UPS systems providing a total of nine (9) megawatts of critical load power, cooling systems that exceed Tier III requirements for concurrent maintainability and fault tolerance, with future planned expansions to double critical load power capacity.
About Digital Management, Inc. (DMI)
DMI is a leading IT solutions and business strategy consulting firm focused on providing industry-leading solutions for Enterprise Mobility and Cybersecurity, and services in Strategic Consulting, Managed IT Services, and Application Development. Our commitment to superior services and solutions has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes all of the 15 U.S. Cabinet-Level Departments, more than 40 Federal Agencies, and scores of commercial clients. Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, DMI has been named one of the 50 Best Places to Work in the Washington, D.C. area by the Washington Business Journal.
BYTEGRID is a privately-held company headquartered in Northern Virginia focused on acquiring, developing and operating highly flexible, efficient, and resilient wholesale data centers. The company serves the growing need for mission-critical data center space by providing secure, interconnected, carrier-neutral, and density robust facilities that integrate modular and energy efficient technologies. The company is led by industry veterans with significant experience in data center operations, design and construction; data center sales and marketing; real estate development and finance; and telecommunications. For more information about BYTEGRID, please visit www.BYTEGRID.com.