DMI Partners with Mobile Active Defense to Enhance Mobile Enterprise Security
Mobility Industry Trailblazers Expand Security Options for Mobile Devices
SAN FRANCISCO (RSA) – Feb. 24, 2014 — Digital Management, Inc. (DMI), a leading provider of mobile enterprise and big data solutions and services and Mobile Active Defense, a leading innovator in mobile security, today announced a partnering agreement that will add a patented layer of security to enhance protection for data-at-rest and data-in-transit in Mobile Device Management (MDM) implementations.
- Comprehensive Managed Mobility Services – As part of the agreement, DMI will configure and manage this enhanced security offering as part of its comprehensive suite of Managed Mobility Services that include: provisioning, integration, monitoring services, mobile device management and mobile application management solutions.
- Patented protection for data-at-rest and data-in-transit – Mobile Active Defense has developed patent-pending technologies in its Mobile Enterprise Compliance and Security (MECS) server. The MECS solution is highly scalable, redundant, fault tolerant and provides complete data-at-rest and data-in-transit security with active threat response. The MECS is a virtual private network (VPN) concentrator with mobile network access control and an advanced mobile firewall with content filtering as well as a public key infrastructure.
- Additional security options – The collaborative effort will address the issues MDM customers are experiencing with securing data-in-motion and automating a VPN connection for seamless access control to corporate resources. The partnership will expand mobile security for customers, providing them with the ability to control and secure smartphones and tablets with the same policies that are available for networked workstations.
- Spencer Cobb, co-founder and CEO, Mobile Active Defense, said:
“With more than half a million devices under management for hundreds of customers, DMI is the ideal partner to bring our advanced security technologies into leading enterprises worldwide. DMI’s leadership in mobile security makes them a standout among mobile solution providers.”
- Rick Doten, chief information and security officer at DMI, said:
“Mobile Active Defense advanced protections for mobile devices and enterprise data are a perfect complement to our managed mobility services. Together, we’re able to offer our clients options for mobile security that take them well beyond those provided by many MDM systems.”
About Mobile Active Defense:
Mobile Active Defense develops software which helps commercial and government organizations secure and protect data on mobile devices like smartphones, pads and tablets. M.A.D.’s award winning Mobile Enterprise Compliance & Security Server (MECS) was built specifically for mobile security and provides an advanced mobile firewall, VPN concentrator with mobile NAC (M-NAC), real time monitoring and traffic filtering capabilities for mobile devices. In addition to mobile security, M.A.D. features full MDM and MAM capabilities but is unique in our ability to also work with any other MDM or MAM vendor. Customers in every vertical from Federal, Finance, Healthcare, to Retail and Energy protect confidential data in their mobile ecosystem with Mobile Active Defense. Additional information is available at www.mobileactivedefense.com.
DMI is a leading provider of mobile enterprise and big data solutions and services. The company’s commitment to excellence in delivery of solutions for Enterprise Mobility, Big Data Analytics, Strategic Consulting, Managed Services, Application Development, and Cybersecurity has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments and hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda MD, with satellite and project offices around the world. The company has been named one of the 50 Best Places to Work in the Washington DC area by the Washington Business Journal, and has been awarded Inc. Magazine’s Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.