DMI and Addison Lee Launch Apple Watch App to Make Ordering a Car Service as Simple as Three Clicks on the Wrist
Leading London Business-Class Car Service Combines the Latest Technologies with
Traditional Customer Service Values
BETHESDA, Md. and LONDON — June 3, 2015 — Smart watches are quickly becoming the hottest category leader in the wearable device market. Analyst firm BI Intelligence estimates that smart watches will account for 50 percent of total wearable device shipments in 2015 and will expand to over 70 percent in 2019. This exponential growth rate is also generating the necessity for enterprises to incorporate compatible apps into their mobile marketing efforts. DMI and London-based, business-class car service Addison Lee announced today the launch of an Apple Watch app to better serve its London-based clientele with plans to extend the service to New York City by the end of the year. Download the Addison Lee app today at http://apple.co/1dKgSGC.
Addison Lee and DMI have been working together for the last couple of years on Addison Lee’s mobile apps, which are available in both iOS and Google Play stores. DMI provides its clients with the expertise they need to help them identify and incorporate the latest mobile technologies to better serve their customers.
- Booking a London cab in three clicks – Addison Lee knows that 82 percent of its clients’ journeys are simple ones, meaning picking up a client and transporting them to a frequent location. By providing them with an intuitive app, its customers enjoy a fast, easy way to book a car in as little as three clicks, and with hundreds of thousands of bookings originating from its iOS app each month, the company anticipates its Apple Watch app will be well-received by its client base.
- Addison Lee and DMI bring popular app to clients’ wrists – Consumers are able to enjoy the power of their Apple Watch through this convenient, easy-to-use app. Features include:
- Know the price before you travel
- Track the driver arriving
- Intuitive interface and use of GPS to make booking quicker and easier
- Stores your favorite addresses for simpler frequent journeys and “Take Me Home” bookings
Peter Boucher, chief commercial officer, Addison Lee, said:
“Following the global expansion of our business in New York earlier this year, we wanted to create an updated mobile app that would benefit not only our European-based customers, but also our increasing number of busy, on-the-go clients across the Atlantic. The new version of the app, together with the version for the Apple Watch, will aim to provide our passengers with an even greater user experience.”
Magnus Jern, president of mobile application solutions division, DMI, said:
“Mobility is a constantly changing landscape, and our job is to assist our clients to achieve the greatest user engagement, regardless of the platform. With over 250+ mobile applications and websites delivered in the past year, our teams are focused on usability testing, quality assurance and an agile development process to help our customers achieve a successful mobile-first approach.”
About Addison Lee:
Addison Lee is a London-based business class car service. The company was founded in 1975 with the belief that taxis and minicabs could be done better. By combining the latest technologies with traditional customer service values, it disrupted the industry (before disrupting industries had even become a thing). With offices in 350 cities worldwide, Addison Lee’s iconic black cars have been on the road ever since, transporting over 10 million passengers a year in London alone. Visit www.addisonlee.com to learn more.
DMI, the world’s first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, big data management and analytics, and secure mobile device, app and data management. The company’s unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.