Digital Management’s Microsoft Solutions Division Creates Innovative E-Commerce Website
Key Features Include Engineer-Focused Navigation™, Online Shopping Capabilities, Parametric Searching, Part Detail Pages and Multilingual Capabilities
Bethesda, MD—November 24, 2009 – Digital Management, Inc. (www.digitalmanagement.com), a leading IT solutions and business strategy consulting firm, announced today that it has completed an innovative redesign of the Richardson Electronics website, www.rell.com, which is aimed at serving the global community of RF, Microwave and Power Conversion engineers. The website, which is supported by Richardson Electronics worldwide technical sales and product management team, features over 75,000 part numbers, as well as improved parametric searching, technical assistance and online shopping capabilities. Digital Management was responsible for the entire website redesign, which included working closely with Richardson Electronics to define their web strategy, as well as designing and developing the creative and technical aspects of the website to achieve their business objectives based on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007.
“Our goal is to offer world-class Internet-based tools to strengthen our position as a global expert and primary resource for the relevant products and services within our core market segments,” said Greg Peloquin, Executive Vice President and GM, RF, Wireless & Power Division, Richardson Electronics. “The new site has made it much easier for our customers to find information and purchase products. Within the first three months of its launch, we have acquired hundreds of new accounts. Feedback from our existing customers and suppliers has been extremely positive. It has been a pleasure working with Digital Management on this project. They really listened to our needs and delivered solutions that have exceeded our expectations. We are very pleased with our new website.The platform on which it is built will allow us to keep pace with the continuously changing marketplace for many years to come.”
“We are thrilled to have had the opportunity to work closely in partnership with Richardson Electronics to create an innovative website,” said Sam Ganga, Digital Managamenet’s Senior Vice President, Microsoft Solutions Division. “Our extensive Microsoft SharePoint technology expertise enabled us to create some truly unique capabilities that are immediately helping Richardson Electronics cut costs while simultaneously growing their business base faster than projected.”
Key new features to the Richardson Electronics website include:
- Engineer-Focused Navigation™ provides information in context of each user’s interest, making it easier and quicker for users to navigate to the product that best meets their need. Engineer-Focused Navigation™ allows users to start at a high level and dig deeper into the four primary content areas: Products, Applications, Industries, and Services. Suggestions or links to the other areas are included on each page, inter-relating them throughout the site.
- Online Shopping improvements make it easy for customers to log in, buy available items, request quotes, check status of all orders (whether placed online or offline), and save items for later purchase.
- To help customers compare and select the right part for their requirements, each product category allows users to narrow their choices using parametric searching and sorting. Customers can add filters to search criteria, compare parameters by sorting, or match “must have” attributes (e.g., package size, frequency, power, supply voltage).
- Part Detail Pages include links to the product’s supplier storefront, where users can access all products available from the supplier, documents and downloads related to the supplier and its products, a list of the countries and regions their products are franchised, and a link to the supplier’s website.
- The website offers multilingual capabilities. The company plans to release a Chinese version of the site in early 2010. Other languages for the additional 70 countries in which the company operates will be added in the future.
About the RF, Wireless & Power Division (RFPD) of Richardson Electronics, Ltd.:
RFPD, a division of Richardson Electronics, Ltd. (NASDAQ: RELL), is a global provider of engineered solutions and a global distributor of electronic components to the RF and wireless communications market and the industrial power conversion market. RFPD designs, manufactures and distributes discrete devices, components, and assemblies used in RF and wireless infrastructure communications networks, digital broadcasting, defense, and power conversion. More information is available online at www.rell.com. Engineer-Focused Navigation™ is a trademark of Richardson Electronics, Ltd.
About Digital Management:
Digital Management is a leading IT solutions and business strategy consulting firm focused on providing solutions that transform enterprise operations in government and business by dependably bridging the gap between business strategy and mission success. We see technology as an efficient, economical means to an end and are dedicated to crafting the solutions that result in increasingly interoperable, responsive, and cost-effective enterprises. Digital Management provides services and solutions in Strategic Business Transformation, Software Systems Modernization, Enterprise Information Management, Cybersecurity, and Healthcare IT. Digital Management is an SBA-certified, minority-owned, 8(a) small business.
Digital Management’s Microsoft Solutions Division provides Microsoft-based solutions in the areas of portals, enterprise content management, document management, search, data visualization, mobility, business intelligence, business process management and infrastructure management.
Andrew J. Musliner