Digital Management, Inc. (DMI) Delivers First, Large-Scale Enterprise Mobile Solution for USDA Under $20 Million Next Generation IDIQ
Secure and Scalable Solution to Support More than 100,000 Bring-Your-Own-Device and Government-Furnished Devices Across All 29 USDA Federal Agencies
BETHESDA, Md., Jan. 22, 2014 — DMI, a leading provider of enterprise mobile and big data solutions and services, announced today that it has completed delivery of the first, large scale Federal enterprise mobile solution for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). The advanced, secure and scalable solution is the foundation for the USDA’s long-term mobile strategy and was developed under a $20 million “Next Generation Mobility Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ)” contract. DMI was the sole awardee for the five-year contract.
DMI’s mobile solution provides Mobile Device Management (MDM), Mobile Application Management (MAM), an Enterprise App Store and a containerized solution to protect applications and data on bring-your-own-device (BYOD) and government-furnished (GFE) devices for all 29 USDA agencies. The solution enables rapid expansion to support more than 100,000 devices across the entire enterprise.
- Best-of-Breed Solution – DMI is providing an enterprise mobile solution that combines Managed Mobility Services, secure email, PIM, mobile app store and content management. The solution utilizes secure app containers for data-at-rest and data-in-transit encryption that is FIPS 140-2 complaint.
- Managed Mobility Services – Implements mobile device management, a mobile application store and mobile application management solutions to support all 29 agencies in a multi-forest environment.
- Bring-Your-Own-Device – DMI is assisting the USDA with its mobile strategy of creating a policy around BYOD and will manage BYOD concepts to empower mobile users, while improving information technology insight and cutting costs.
- Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM) Center – Consists of a web-based portal solution, which serves as a “single pane of glass” for all mobility solutions in the enterprise. The EMM Center provides an enterprise plug-and-play platform that integrates mobile products and displays all services and information.
- Jay Sunny Bajaj, founder and CEO of DMI, said:
“We are honored to have been awarded the federal government’s largest enterprise mobility contract to date, in full and open competition. More importantly, we are pleased and proud to have worked with the USDA to deliver an advanced solution that will meet the department’s mobility management needs today and well into the future. We are looking forward to working with agencies within the USDA to roll out the solution on a large scale.”
DMI is a leading provider of mobile enterprise and big data solutions and services. The company’s commitment to excellence in delivery of solutions for Enterprise Mobility, Big Data Analytics, Strategic Consulting, Managed Services, Application Development, and Cybersecurity has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments and hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda MD, with satellite and project offices around the world. The company has been named one of the 50 Best Places to Work in the Washington DC area by the Washington Business Journal, and has been awarded Inc. Magazine’s Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.