Digital Management Awarded 19-year FABS Contract to Provide Financial Management Services
Company positioned to meet urgent demand to assist with America’s economic recovery and reinvestment.
Bethesda, MD—February 10, 2009 —Digital Management, Inc., announced today that it has been awarded a prime contract on the Financial and Business Solutions (FABS) Schedule, a government-wide professional services acquisition vehicle managed by the General Services Administration (GSA). The FABS Schedule is specifically designed to offer a full range of financial management services for U.S. government agencies.
The FABS brochure (available at www.gsa.gov/fabs) highlights the companies on the FABS Schedule as “commercial experts that can thoroughly address the needs of the Federal financial community.” These needs are immediately apparent as the Government aggressively pushes the envelope to define and implement strategies for rigorous fiscal discipline and an economic recovery.
…the very fact that this crisis is largely of our own making means that it is not beyond our ability to solve. President-elect Barack Obama, speech on the President’s American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan, January 8, 2009
In his weekly address this past Saturday, President Obama summed up the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan as ‘creating transformative economic change. Digital Management was founded seven years ago to Lead Government Transformation. With a FABS Schedule, we are now able to rapidly apply our expertise to help tackle the vexing financial, accounting, and economic dilemmas our nation faces today. Jay Sunny Bajaj, CEO, Digital Management
One thing I am sure … we all share, is a sense of urgency… Paul Volcker, Chairman of the President’s Economic Recovery Advisory Board and former Chairman of the Federal Reserve, February 6, 2009
Digital Management’s FABS Schedule enables the Government to quickly procure from the Company a broad range of financial management services, including:
- Transaction analysis and processing
- Data analysis and summarization
- Technical assistance in crafting accounting policies and procedures
- Classification of accounting transactions
- Special studies to improve accounting operations
- Resolution of accounting issues
- Implementation of audit findings
- Recovery reviews
- Assessment and enhancement of accounting internal controls
- Improvement of operating efficiency and effectiveness.
- Current budget formulation process assessment, budget execution process
- Budget creation and improvement
- Special reviews to resolve issues with budget formulation or budget execution
- Technical assistance necessary to implement budgets
- Budgetary controls review
Complementary Financial Management Services
- Assessment and improvement of financial management systems
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Strategic financial planning
- Financial policy formulation and development
- Developing and implementing performance measures
- Special cost studies
- A-127 system compliance reviews
- Actuarial services
- Economic and regulatory analysis
- Assisting with financial quality assurance efforts
For Digital Management’s Government clients, the FABS Schedule provides a host of procurement benefits, including:
- An unimpeded relationship between the client agency and Digital Management
- Short procurement lead-times and low administrative costs
- Digital Management’s expertise and experience has been pre-qualified
- Pre-negotiated fair and reasonable pricing
- Orders with Digital Management count towards small business and 8(a) small business goals
- Blanket Purchase Agreements can be used to customize solutions
- Flexible teaming arrangements allow Digital Management to provide a total solution approach to meet unique needs.
- Worldwide coverage.
Digital Management’s GSA FABS Schedule (Schedule 520) has a base period of four years, with three five-year option periods. Digital Management’s FABS Schedule contract number is GS-23F-0016V, with services available under ordering SINs 520-11 (Accounting) and 520-12 (Budgeting) and 520-13 (Complementary Financial Management Services). Ordering information is available at www.gsa.gov/fabs.
About Digital Management:
Digital Management is a leading IT solutions and business strategy consulting firm focused on providing solutions that enable Federal agencies to deliver on the promise of Transformation. We transform Government operations by dependably bridging the gap between business strategy and mission success. We see technology as an efficient, economical means to an end and are dedicated to crafting the solutions that result in an increasingly interoperable, responsive, and cost-effective government. Digital Management provides services and solutions in Strategic Business Transformation, Software Systems Modernization, Enterprise Information Management, Cybersecurity, Healthcare IT, and Federal Financial Management. Digital Management is an SBA-certified, minority-owned, 8(a) small business.
Andrew J. Musliner