Aerosoles Delivers Omnichannel Commerce Experience to Consumers
Leading Footwear Retailer Turns to DMI to Create Integrated Online Storefront, Mobile, Call Center and In-Store Fulfillment, Resulting in Record Sales for Cyber Monday
NEW YORK CITY, Jan. 13, 2015 (National Retail Federation Big Show, Javits Convention Center) — Global business-to-consumer (B2C) e-commerce sales will increase by 20.1 percent this year to reach $1.5 trillion, as reported by eMarketer. When leading footwear retailer and manufacturer Aerosoles® looked to enhance its website, the company turned to Digital Management Inc. (DMI) to architect, design, develop, test and deploy an advanced, feature-rich, secure ecommerce website with Responsive Web Design (RWD) for mobile optimization. The mobile optimized ecommerce website and call center are fully integrated with the DMI Order Management System (OMS), which synchs with store and warehouse locations for fulfillment. Today, DMI is proud to announce the successful launch of Aerosoles’ new website, www.aerosoles.com, which resulted in record holiday season sales results.
DMI worked closely with the Aerosoles team to re-platform the company’s existing e-commerce presence onto Oracle Commerce for future-proof growth.
- Creating a unified user experience across channels – Aerosole’s mission was to provide an atmosphere that optimizes its customers’ shopping experience not only online but through all sales channels. To accomplish this, the team developed an omnichannel commerce and retail data integration strategy for delivering a unified and seamless experience for Aerosoles customer interactions independent of shopping channel including online, mobile, call center or in-store.
- End-to-end e-commerce solution encompasses forward-thinking architecture – This initiative included:
- Responsive Web Design for mobile optimization
- Personalization data collection and targeting
- Enhanced dynamic search and guided navigation
- Social sharing of purchases
- Site mapping and SEO capabilities to increase overall site volume
- Call center integrated with the DMI OrderSync OMS for ordering on behalf of the customer, add-ons, returns, cancellations, backorders and appeasements
- Capability to fulfill orders from both the warehouse and from stores using a customer service user interface for store associates
- Enhanced search features utilization and management of multiple promotional events to drive conversions
Michele Rast, senior vice president of marketing for Aerosoles, said:
“As we began the journey to transform our ecommerce website into a full omnichannel and mobile optimized experience, we turned to the experts at DMI to assist us in our implementation. We are pleased with the benefits that accrue from providing our shoppers with an online experience that offers the high level of customer service they have come to expect from our company. This new platform is highly scalable and enabled Aerosoles to record our highest sales day ever this past Cyber Monday.”
Marc Irish, president of digital commerce division at DMI, said:
“As e-commerce transforms the way end users shop, our retail clients depend on our business strategy and creative and technology teams to guide them through the entire process of developing a future-proof omnichannel solution. We are proud to be an integral part of this exciting launch and look forward to continuing to enhance and engage Aerosoles’ clientele online, through mobile devices and in-store.”
Aerosoles is the leading footwear innovator featuring exclusive comfort technologies that offer women a wide range of stylish shoes, boots and sandals for all occasions. AEROSOLES are sold in 30 different countries, 4,000 stores globally and, in the United States, in major retailers, online at aerosoles.com and 122 retail and outlet locations. AEROSOLES brands include AEROSOLES, A2, AEROLOGY and What’s What.
DMI is a leading provider of mobile enterprise and big data solutions and services, including mobile strategy, mobile UX and app solutions, omnichannel commerce, mobile brand and marketing, big data management and analytics, and secure mobile device, app and data management. The company’s commitment to excellence in service delivery has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices all around the world. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.