1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21 & 22
SeaPort-e is the Navy’s electronic platform for acquiring support services in 22 functional areas including Engineering, Financial Management, and Program Management. The Navy Systems Commands (NAVSEA, NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NAVFAC, and NAVSUP), the Office of Naval Research, Military Sealift Command, and the United States Marine Corps compete their service requirements amongst 2400+ SeaPort-e IDIQ multiple award contract holders. The SeaPort-e portal provides a standardized, efficient means of soliciting offers from amongst the diverse population of large and small businesses and their approved team members. All task orders are competitively solicited, awarded and managed using the SeaPort-e platform. Since nearly 85% of its contract–holders are small businesses, the SeaPort-e approach to acquiring services provides opportunity that fuels the Nation’s engine of job growth.
NAVSEA established the SeaPort Office to meet these the NAVSEA strategic sourcing wedge and the OSD performance based contracting directive while bringing order to NAVSEA PSS acquisitions. The vision was to provide a faster, better, and cheaper means in which to procure PSS. The strategy developed in October 2000 involved a product line solution containing three components:
(1) Develop and award Multiple Award IDIQ contracts (MACs) using innovative acquisition techniques to achieve the NAVSEA strategic wedge, to conform to the OSD performance based contracting directive, and to bring order to PSS acquisitions.
(2) Exploit existing e-business opportunities and create an automated, intuitive, web-based, e-procurement portal to provide services quickly and easily in an “amazon.com” environment.
(3) Create a web site continually refreshing customers and suppliers with new information, opportunities, training, metrics and useful links to associate sites.
- Research and Development Support
- Engineering, System Engineering and Process Engineering Support
- Modeling, Simulation, Stimulation, and Analysis Support
- Prototyping, Pre-Production, Model-Making, and Fabrication Support
- System Design Documentation and Technical Data Support
- Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A) Support
- Human Factors, Performance, and Usability Engineering Support
- System Safety Engineering Support
- Configuration Management (CM) Support
- Quality Assurance (QA) Support
- Information System (IS) Development, Information Assurance (IA), and Information Technology (IT) Support
- Inactivation and Disposal Support
- Interoperability, Test and Evaluation, Trials Support
- Measurement Facilities, Range, and Instrumentation Support
- Logistics Support
- Supply and Provisioning Support
- Training Support
- In-Service Engineering, Fleet Introduction, Installation and Checkout Support
- Program Support
- Functional and Administrative Support
- Public Affairs and Multimedia Support