On our quest to identify our top competitors in the world we’ve continued to research and benchmark the top mobile enterprise developers. Our definition of mobile enterprise developers are companies that help businesses transform through the use of mobility solutions from strategy and planing to development and operations.
We ranked each company in the following categories:
- Advisory services
- References and case studies
- Cross-platform development including native and mobile web
- Vertical experience and solutions
- Backend integration
- Media publicity / mentionings
And this is what we finally came up with:
1. DMI (USA) – Provides a full service portfolio of mobile enterprise services including strategy, service concept design, user experience, development, business analytics, security, mobile device and application management and more for global companies and government institutions,
2. Antenna Software (USA) The Antenna Mobility Platform, AMPchromaTM, is the mobile bedrock that handles the complex areas of mobile that most businesses don’t want to worry about, like security, integration, and management,
3. IBM Worklight (USA) – Worklight acquired by IBM provides an open, comprehensive and advanced mobile application platform for smartphones and tablets, helping organizations of all sizes to efficiently develop, connect, run and manage HTML5, hybrid and native applications.
4. SAP Syclo (Germay) – Syclo acquired by SAP is a leading provider of mobile asset management and field service solutions to boost portfolio of applications on the SAP Mobile Platform,
5. 5APP (UK) – a mobile application software toolkit vendor which has designed an environment for the rapid application development of robust, real-time, enterprise-scale, mobile business applications with built-in workflow, geolocation reporting and full data reliability,
6. Kony Solutions (USA) – Kony is a pioneer in the industry’s of developing mobile and multi-channel application platforms across a broad range of verticals,
7. Sourcebits (USA) – Sourcebits has designed and engineered more than 500 mobile, web, and cloud applications for some of the world’s leading organizations,
8. Mobile Active Defense (USA) – Mobile software development company headquartered in Atlanta with offices in Mainz, Germany and London, England,
9. Accenture (USA) – One of the worlds leading IT enterprise solution providers recognising the importance of mobile for their clients,
10. Convertigo (France) – Convertigo is an Open Source Mobile Enterprise Application Platform with the main product, Convertigo Enterprise Mobility Server.
Note: Country within brackets is headquarter location
As part of the research we evaluated more than 50 mobile enterprise developers and here are some others in no particular order that did not make the top 10 list:
- MobileFrame (USA) – Leading enterprise mobility platform, helping businesses to replace paper-based processes with wireless applications that improve their bottom-line,
- Verivo Software (USA) – Verivo Software helps enterprises turn ideas into mobile initiatives – rapidly and securely,
- HP Enterprise Mobile Platform (USA) – As a Communication Service Provider, your evolving enterprise application strategies will potentially generate significantly more revenue than consumer applications,
- TeliApp (USA) – TeliApp is an experienced mobile and enterprise applications company harnessing the power of the popular mobile platforms. TeliApp offers mobile application development for Windows, iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry, amongst other mobile and web development services,
- BrightXpress – BrightXpress Mobility Suite is a Mobile Enterprise Application Platform and provides the essential enterprise mobility development tools within the platform.
- WorldLink (USA) – WorldLink Apps, a division of WorldLink, Inc, is a full service mobile application development organization offering clients consultative and development services,
- Mubaloo (UK) – one of leading B2B and B2C mobile app development companies in the UK,
- Tiger Spike (USA) – Experienced mobile app developer for personal media (smartphones, tablets, e-readers, smart TVs and gaming consoles) helping changing how people live and work – and businesses that are struggling to keep up, http://www.tigerspike.com
- Y Media (USA) – Y Media Labs is an award-winning mobile strategy and application development company,
- SoftHouse (Sweden) – One of Scandinavia’s leading Lean Software Development with many old and loyal customers, and a lot of new ones,
- Bianor (USA) – Designing and developing unique mobile solutions for the leading technology, media and telecommunication companies.
- Soltice Mobile – Focused on delivering mobile innovation and measurable business value to organizations through strategy and enterprise architecture, engaging app design and Agile development.
- Impiger Mobile (USA) – software development company that specializes in mobile application development for iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Android and other platforms with over 150 Mobile Applications to its credit,
- Spotlightmobile (USA) – an award-winning software development firm specializing in mobile and web development with a passion for great user interfaces and work hard to combine good design with solid implementation,
- Surge Hub (USA) – Surge is a software development and consulting firm that provides software design, development, testing, and consulting services to clients ranging from small startups to Fortune 500 companies.
- Appcelerator (USA) – Appcelerator makes Titanium, a leading mobile platform for development of web based mobile apps.
- Magic Software Enterprises (USA) – productive solutions for development, deployment and effective integration of core business applications, supporting multiple channels, including on-premise, Web (HTML5), mobile and SaaS.
- Copper Mobile (USA) – Cross-platform mobile app developer with 100s of apps published and focus on enterprise apps.
- Metova (USA) – Metova is now a technology company made up of Metova Mobile and Metova Federal Services. The Metova brand employs 70 people across 4 offices.
- Bottle Rocket App (USA) – specialized in custom, high-end mobile apps that set a industry standard,
- Walnutlabs (USA) – Developer with proven track record of creativity and seeking new challenges in each new app development project. with more than 80 mobile applications developed,
- Mutualmobile (USA) – Create rich user experiences that reinvent how businesses engage the world through mobile. Combining deep design, development, and domain expertise, our custom software solutions help clients connect people, processes, and data, from the back office to the point of sale and everywhere in between.
During the research we also identified the following industry leading mobile enterprise service providers that did not make the list as they lack mobile app development as a core area:
- Mobile Iron
- Good Technologies
- Absolute Software
- CA Technologies
Research provided by Savuth Phoy