It is expected that there will be over 50 billion smart connected devices in the world capable of collecting, analyzing, and distributing data by the year 2020. At the same time, 61% of C-suite executives consider big data to be a major driver of business revenue and a highly valuable asset to their organizations.
Data coming from digital technologies such as mobility, Internet of Things, and other sources signifies a goldmine of valuable information on customer behavior, service delivery, business performance, and revenue generation. Question is, how do you convert the data into actionable insights?
In the third part of “The 2017 Guide for CIOs”, we explain how your organization can start turning data into business intelligence today. By using the three-step approach outlined in the report, you can make certain that you always deliver positive business outcomes.
Download your free copy of “Getting the Most Out of Your Data: A Three-Step Guide for Addressing Big Data Challenges in a Connected World” to learn how to:
- Identify and prioritize your data sources
- Ensure your data enables business actions
- Deliver positive business outcomes in a connected world
Did you miss part one and two of “The 2017 Guide for CIOs”? Find them here:
- Part I: Driving digital business and mobility. On utilizing human-centric business reinvention and the main tactical challenges for CIOs in 2017.
- Part II: Cloud migration and integration. The five principles that will speed up an organization’s cloud migration (and reasons as to why most attempts fail).