From February 25-28, 2013, several thousand people gathered in Barcelona, Spain to attend the world’s largest mobile event – Mobile World Congress (MWC).
Last week a team from DMI attended MWC and we have exciting things to report.
Here is a quick summary of some of our observations and for more details see our SlideShare presentation embedded in this blog below.
• New devices from Samsung, Nokia, LG, Sony, Asus, HP, Caterpillar, Kyocera, Fujitsu
• Trends included bigger, smaller and even no screens — and some devices with muscles!
• Three (!!!) big OS announcements from Mozilla Firefox Mobile, Tizen, and Ubuntu
• Mobility management including MEAPs, Security, MAMs and more (we love our acronyms)
• More focus on retail than ever before, including payments, loyalty, mTicketing, and more
• Cool stuff: robots, surround sound headphones, a “real size” connected city, AR goggles and more
We hope you enjoy this presentation and our observations!
Thanks for reading!
– Sunny Bajaj, Magnus Jern & Sam Ganga