In February this year, DMI launched Moville with the ambition to find and train future mobile experts. Out of over 200 applicants, 14 students were chosen for the 4 month course to learn about mobile strategy, service concept design, UX/UI design, analytics & reporting, project management, development, Quality Assurance, user testing and marketing of mobile services. They were also given the challenge to deliver two real projects for Oxfam and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (NHS).
Since then the students have successfully passed the training courses with top grades and more importantly, successfully delivered the two projects on time and scope with satisfied customers. The program has been so successful that we are now working on the next expansion phase to our other offices in London, Washington D.C., Phnom Penh and Delhi.
The students will officially be graduating the 16th of May. Some of them will continue at DMI as employees but unfortunately we cannot take on all of them ourselves. Therefore we would like to promote the students to other companies looking for future mobile experts including
- Business Development – Service concept development, strategy & planning, sales and account management
- Project Management – Planning scope, timelines, resources and budget, managing the team, managing risk and delivering and launching the service
- UX/UI Design – Service Concept design including use case analysis and design, app/site maps, wireframes, mock-ups and user testing
- Development – Android and iOS development including working with professional tools and with other team members
- Quality Assurance – Testing of mobile solutions including back-end and front-end
Dr. Caroline Free and Ona McCarthy of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine had this to say about the experience:
“Working with Moville has been fantastic. They delivered high quality work within a tight schedule all with a degree of professionalism you would expect from high level staff. The team communicated clearly with us and interpreted the brief well. The team were excellent project managers, which was essential for the project’s success. We are very impressed!”
Watch the video of the experience here
As if this wasn’t enough, the students also came up with a new brand for GG University but more about this in another announcement.
More information about the objectives and projects of GG University can be found here
If you wish to contact some of the students, you can do so via LinkedIn below.
Jose Artacho (Android developer)
Fabio de Pasquale (Designer)
Guy Samuel (Project Manager)
David Lleixà (Android developer)
Jon Lejarreta (Project Manager)
Sandra Monzón (Android developer)
Maria Victoria Morón (Business Developer)
Cristina Creixell (iOS developer)
Dave Gordon (Android developer)
Kilian Trelis (Quality Assurance)