You’re not alone. 34% of 1.300 iPad owners recently surveyed said they did too.
At DMI, we live and breathe enterprise mobility, so we thought this recent study published on Mashable was a particularly fun way to look at how tablets are changing our lives, behind closed doors and in the boardroom.
- 21%: “I’ve used my iPad in the tub” … Call AppleCare now to extend your warranty.
- 13%: “I prefer my iPad over my significant other if stranded on a desert island” … Lucky spouse.
- 73%: “I’ve used my iPad in my car” …. Hope it’s not while driving.
But tablet-mania is not just about personal use; corporations need to listen up too. 14% of those surveyed would prefer an iPad over a 10% pay raise. That means the perceived value of an iPad to your employees is actually about 10x – 20x more than the actual price.
From the business perspective, those who had iPad’s said their iPad has changed their life in the following ways:
- 64%: “Made me more productive”
- 32%: “Made me more successful at my job”
- 79%: “Helped me stay more connected when traveling”
- 21%: “Helped me close a deal”
- 30%: “Helped me impress clients”
We’re still a couple years off from completely replacing laptops with tablets (only 8% have reported have sent their laptops or PC’s to tech heaven), but 47% say that within the next two years they see the tablets becoming their primary computing device. I love the smell of change in the morning.
Stay tuned for more fun stats and articles about the world of enterprise mobility.